With over 100 Societies in NUIG you are sure to find one for you.
There is one opportunity in the year for new Societies to be formed, this is in the Spetember of each year. You can contact the Societies Officer during Semester 2 with your idea in order to prepare for the following September.
1. Contact Riona Hughes, Societies Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Fill in your application form Here
3. Fill in a Society Constitution template here
4. The policy for societies that would have an external affiliation, e.g. voluntary societies, here
5. Apply for a table on socs day one, which takes place on Wednesday of Week 1. Note you do not choose a table number.
6. See policy on Constitutions and Society Recognition here
7. Get Approval from the USCG to have a table at Societies Day.
8. Collect 100 potential members on Socs Day 1.
9. Attend an appointed USCG meeting after Socs Day if you have signed up the required number of potential members.
10. Hold an EGM to elect a committee. You will need a minimum of 4 committee members.
There will be society training happening after societies day
For Shannon College of Hotel Management e-mail your applicatin and constitution to april.whelan(at)nuigalway.ie and arrange a table at the societies day in Shannon with April complete step 2,3, 4,and 10. (note Number 1, 5, 7, 8, 9 not relevant for Shannon)
If you would like to subscribe to the What's Happening Guide mailing list please enter your email address below.
Check out our archives if you would like see some of our earlier articles.