We are a Non-Partisan society, focused on creating a platform for our members to organise, educate and meet other leftists. Whether you're someone who is unsure where they lie, someone who is a motivated activist or someone who simply wants to know more; we welcome everyone to our society
As The Leftist Society, we will:
- ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Educate and include the students of NUIG in discussions and activities centred around the ideas of leftism.
- ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†Include all ideoligies underneath the branch of Leftism such as Democratic Socialism, Communism, Anarchism,. Etc.
- ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†Highlight the importance of Leftism when it comes to International and domestic politics while also showing how it remains relavent to this day.
- ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Display the issues spawning from class issues, such as gender inequality, race, poverty, and environmentalism.
- ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬† Be committed to the idea of non-partisan actions and making sure not to fall under the influence of any political party.
- ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Host discussions within the society that our own ideas are challenged as we seek new perspectives on the world and leftism in general.
- ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Be a¬†society that is an area for all those who describe themselves as leftist and able to discuss leftist ideas.
We are a society that focuses on growing political awareness and making sure people are informed in the face of the political landscape of our modern age. We are for everyone who wants to explore what they believe in and and to foster a community of people who can converse and have a conversation on these ideas. If this sounds like it's for you, join today!!