What we do
Every week, NUIG Stoic Society meets to discuss challenging topics, including interesting issues that appear in the News. NUIG Stoic Society attempts to offer answers and perspectives that will contribute to the Public Discourse. You can submit your own work to the Ask The Stoics Blog. Visit our website for more information.
Aims of the Society
- To provide a kind of Stoa for Students to discuss Stoicism and socialise.
- To promote the four cardinal Stoic Virtues: Wisdom (Sophia), Courage (Andreia), Temperance (Sophrosyne) and Justice (Dikaiosyne).
- To spread Stoic thought, especially through the study of historical Stoic texts such as those written by Epictetus, Seneca and Marcus Aurelius.
- To provide activities for students that wish to practice Stoicism or socialise.
- To organise activities that benefit the community as per Stoic teachings.
- To promote mental wellbeing through Stoic teachings and practices (such as journaling, mindfulness and dialogue).